Frequently Asked Questions
1) What are the School hours?
Students are to report to school by 7.25am. Flag-raising is at 7.30am.
2) What are the General Office hours?
3) What are the Recess hours?
P1 : 9.00 am to 9.30 am
P2 : 9.30 am to 10.00 am
P3 : 10.00 am to 10.30 am
4) What are the After-School Programmes?
Currently, there are only After-School Programmes for P3 students.
Please refer to the schedule in the table below.
P3 School-based Dyslexia Remediation (SDR)
P3 Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
P3 SwimSafer Programme
(For those who have signed up)
5) How much is the school fees?
6) My child has misplaced/lost his EZLink Card. How can I get a replacement?
You may get the card replaced through the following ways:
For more details, please refer to Transit Link website under Product and Services at https://www.transitlink.com.sg/PSdetail.aspx?ty=art&Id=49#10.
To report loss of card, please call TransitLink Hotline at 1800-CALL ONE (1800-2255 663) and the card will be invalidated within 48 hours.
7) Where can we read about the School Rules?
The School Rules are available on our School Website, /for-parents/general-matters/school- rules and in your child’s Pupil’s Handbook.
COMMUNICATION WITH THE SCHOOL
8) How do I communicate with my child in case of an emergency?
In case of any emergency, please call the School office at Tel: 6385 7339 with your message. We will ensure that it is communicated to your child.
9) How can I communicate with my child’s teachers?
a) You may e-mail the teachers. Their e-mail addresses are available on our school website at /pcps-personnel/teaching-staff.
b) You may write to the School via the school’s email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c) You may call the General Office at Tel: 6385 7339 to leave a message. Please refer to /about-pcps/contact-us for the School’s contact details. However, please do understand that teachers may be teaching at the time you are calling and may not be able to return your call immediately.
10) Can my child bring a mobile phone or other electronic gadgets to school?
SAFETY OF STUDENTS
11) What must I do if I need to bring my child home early?
Students will only be allowed to leave the school premises early if accompanied by an authorised adult. The Form Teacher should be notified and the adult must report to the General Office to fetch the student. Students are NOT allowed to leave the school on their own even if they have valid reasons to do so.
12) What are the Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) offered?
The school offers the following CCAs: -
- Art & Craft Club
- Dance Club
- New Media & Technology Club
- Sports Club (Badminton, Basketball, Floorball, Football)
For more information, please refer to our website at
13) The P3 students are having CCAs on Thursday. Would there be enough time and food for them to eat?
CCAs start at 2pm. Students can have lunch after their dismissal at 1.30pm. The school has worked with the canteen operators to put in place processes to cater to the demand.
14) Can my child go home for lunch on Thursday if he stays nearby, and comes back to school for his CCA?
15) What facilities does the school have?
16) Does your school have a School-based Student Care Centre?
Yes. Please refer to ‘PCPS Student Care Centre’ at /for-parents/useful-links for more information.
17) Is there an ‘Open House’ for parents to visit Punggol Cove Primary School?
There is scheduled ‘Interaction Time With Principal’ organised for you to meet and have a conversation with our Principal as well as to tour the school.
Please refer to our website at www.punggolcovepri.moe.edu.sg for updated information about the ‘Interaction Time With Principal’. Most of the information about the school can also be obtained from our school’s website.