1. What to pack in the school bag?
o Pencil case with pencil, ruler and eraser
o A box of coloured pencils
o A storybook
o Water bottle/food for recess
o Biscuit / Dry Food for breaks in class (In small portion)
• Please label your child’s/ward’s belongings (i.e. School Books, stationery, wallet and water bottle).
• Name tag will be given to pupils during the P1 Orientation Day. (Please indicate the going home arrangement on the name tag)
2. School Attire
o School uniform: Pupils are to wear the prescribed school uniform. Modification to the uniform is not allowed.
o Top: Clean School Polo T-shirt is to be tucked in at all times. Name tag must be sewn above the school badge. Girls are not to wear bright- coloured undergarments under their school uniform.
o Bottom: Burmudas for boys should be no longer than 1-inch above the knees. Girls are to wear skorts no longer than 1-inch above the knees.
o Socks: Plain white socks are allowed and they should be worn at least 2 inches above the ankles.
o Shoes: Only black canvas / sports shoes are allowed. There should be no fanciful/ reflective/ coloured stripes on any part of the shoes.
o PE Attire: Girls and boys can put on their school PE shorts only on days with PE/ PAL lessons. At other times, pupils are expected to wear their formal school attire (Skorts / Burmudas). CCA / PE / School-approved T- shirts and track shoes are allowed for special programmes / activities with consent from teachers concerned.
3. Physical Appearance
o Hair: To be kept simple, neat and of natural colour. Pupils are not to colour, highlight, tint or perm their hair.
o Boys must not have hair touching the collar, ears, or eyebrows. Hair at the side and back must be sloped.
o Girls with long fringe are to keep them off their faces with blues/ black pins or hair bands. Hair reaching below the collar must be tied up, neatly with plain blue/ black rubber bands or clips.
o Fingernails: Nails must be kept short, clean and unvarnished.
o Jewellery/Ornaments: No jewellery/ ornament / accessory is to be worn. Girls are allowed to wear one pair of matching plain ear-studs on the ear lobe.
4. Schedule for submission of books and files to the class teachers
Books For Submission
Tuesday, 3 Jan 2017
• Stellar Handwriting 1
• PCPS A5 Single Lined Exercise Book (English Spelling)
• PCPS A5 Single Lined Exercise Book
• Ruled Jotter Book (English)
• PCPS English Worksheet File (purple) with 10-part dividers &10 Sheet protectors.
Wednesday, 4 Jan 2017
• My Pals Are Here! Maths Workbook 1A
• My Pals Are Here! Maths Extra Practice 1
• Mightymatics Primary 1
• PCPS Math Worksheet File (Blue) with 10-part dividers &10 Sheet protectors.
• Mini-whiteboard with white board marker and white board eraser.
Thursday, 5 Jan 2017
• Mother Tongue Materials – For more information, please refer to the circular you have received today.
Friday, 6 Jan 2017
• My Form Teacher Guidance Period (FTGP) Journal 1
• Social Studies: Inquiring into Our World Activity Book 1
• PCPS My Art Folio 20-pocket
• PCPS Art Journal
• Art Apron
Monday, 9 Jan 2017
• An Active and Healthy Me – Student Journal Primary 1
• Music File
• PCPS Report Book *40-pocket
5. Please help your child/ward to remember:
→ Names of Form Teachers, class assigned
→ Names and contact numbers of parents & caregiver
→ Mother Tongue language he/she is takingJ What to say if he/she wants to go to the washroom (E.g. May I go to the washroom please.)
→ Going home arrangement
→ How to count money in coins and dollars ($2 dollars and below)