Total Defence Day
Objective(s) of Activity/Event
1. Learn about the six pillars of Total Defence.
2. Acquire basic knowledge on how they can play a part in keeping Singapore strong.
3. Learn the importance of working in unity to defend Singapore.
Date(s) of Activity/Event
14 February 2020
Venue of Activity/Event
Punggol Cove Primary School
The theme for Total Defence Day 2020 was “Together We Keep Singapore Strong”.
For this year, students learn about the six pillars of Total Defence. In addition, students learnt about the importance of working together in unity, as a Singaporean citizen and resident, to defend Singapore.
- Primary One students
focused on Civil Defence and learnt about the importance of preparing a Ready
Bag. They were also taught on how to pack for a Ready Bag in case of an
- Primary Two students focused
on Military Defence which included the role of National Service, evolving
around the elements of “care” and “resilience”.
- Primary Three students
learnt how they can contribute and strengthen Social Defence so that
Singaporeans and residents may live together harmoniously.
- Primary Four students discussed
how Psychological Defence is crucial to the unity of Singapore.
- Primary Five students learnt that Digital Defence is a whole-of-nation effort to protect and defend ourselves and our nation online.
Our students also learnt the Wipe Down Routine, and played their part maintaining their personal hygiene and upholding their social responsibilities, by cleaning up after themselves to keep the school environment clean.
Although our students may be young, they understood their roles and responsibilities in keeping Singapore strong. They have certainly played their part in the nation’s efforts against the COVID-19 outbreak.
Click here for more photos.